Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pity Party

Today has been insanely rough and let me preface this by saying that this week is the anniversary of when my stepdad, Greg, died 7 years ago. Each day of the week has a different memory and brings back different feelings and emotions. So with that said I woke up feeling really good and positive today, I didn't look at today as the tuesday that changed my life 7 years ago, I really didn't. I went to work with energy and ready to give today my all. And you know how when something goes bad and then maybe another thing doesn't go so well and everything just starts running together and it brings everything right back to the surface. That's how my day has been. I saw the orthodontist this morning and I was super excited to go, I love Dr. Hughes, he is one of my favorite people and always makes me feel good even with braces and a puffy face. But I gotta tell ya, it was not fun today. Since I started getting feeling back in my chin last Thursday I could feel quite a bit of what they were doing today - which was a lot. I got a new wire and went back to rubberbands instead of the wireties - which makes me feel less like a metal mouth since I don't have the extra hooks either. This probably doesn't make sense at all to anyone but me, so just bare with me. Anyway, when the wire was off I decided it would be a great time to flooss since I hadn't done so in 6 freakin weeks! However, it was excruciating to do so and I had to give up. Dr. Hughes came over and asked if I was ok, he actually thought I was going to pass out! Awesomeness. Anyway, I survived and went back to work and then had to go to the surgeon a few hours later. So off I go to the surgeon all excited because I get to chew starting tomorrow! WOO HOO. Not total freedom - very soft foods but still that's awesome! Last time I saw Dr. B I was able to open my mouth 24mm and this time he wanted me up to 31mm and I thought for sure I was there. Definitely not, made it to 25 and that was in near tears because of my right jaw joint. Dr. Buttram thought that was a little disappointing so he wanted to check how far I can move my lower jaw from side to side. And wouldn't you know it I can hardly move it either way - only 3mm - he said it should be between 8 and 10... So now I get to see a physical therapist twice a week for 9 weeks to work on my jaw movement. I've never had physical therapy before but I can imagine that it is not going to be a pleasant feeling. Now there are all these problems with my insurance covering it and it just hasn't been a good day. I also have to get some kind of special xray later this week too to see if there is anything worrisome going on... My teeth/jaw now hurt so much that I just want to curl up in a ball. I'm not looking for your pity either, just needed to get it out. But thanks for listening!
Tomorrow is going to be a better day and I've got some memories that I would like to share with you all about my stepdad, Greg. :)

No comments: