Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm healing!

I went to the surgeon today and he said things are looking great so that is fabulous! I have increased the ability to open my mouth by 6 milimeters so I'm up to 24, however, by next time (15 days) I'm supposed to have it up to 31!! Yipes. On the plus side the next time I see Dr. Buttram he is going to give me the OK to start chewing really soft foods like pasta! Then two weeks after that I should be able to chew anything! What's my first meal going to be you ask?? Papa John's pizza and breadsticks!! Ridiculous, I know, but hey it's good stuff! OH he also cut the amount of time I have to wear the bands WAAY back - so instead of only taking them off for a total of 6 hours a day (three - two hour increments) I will only wear them for 5 hours each day!! Sweet!! I also got to see my x-ray that they took when I was there on the 9th (6 days after surgery). I have 4 screws instead of the 2 I thought I had, and I definitely have a broken jaw! It's broke in 3 places, major breaks! I've never had a broken bone so it was kinda crazy to see the x-ray of it. I had Dr. B explain what all they did and how they did it since I never really asked. He even explained the tool that they use to CUT through the bone. Yuck. I've been doing really good for the most part. Last weekend my brother's puppy bit me pretty hard on my thumb nail which was warrant for a good OWWWWW - which helped me open my mouth wider than I was really ready for. Had a good cry about that and used the rest of my Lortab trying to get over it... Took about a week before I felt better -- it more or less just strained the muscles around my joint more than they were ready for. But all is good now and I still love Maddie!!
I had an excellent Christmas this year! Seemed to be the year of the electronics since we got a new tv, blu-ray dvd player/ps3, camera, gps, tivo subscription...etc. Craziness I tell you. Kyle got me tickets to see our favorite comediain in February here in Indy -- Jeff Dunham. If you've never heard of him go straight to youtube and watch some of his stuff. He's a ventriloquist, which you might think is kinda silly, but it's hilarious!! Anyway, I'm getting tired so I'll leave you with a few pics of the holiday season and you can tell me if you see a difference in my face!



































1 comment:

Nate said...

Happy New Year !!!! Good morning Kids
I see you're doing well Kira ...so glad to hear that....how was your trip to the COLTS game ?? COLTS #1
I see Kyle's Broncos fired their coach this week...hahaha loser's !! This blog stuff is all new to me as it rejected my first attempt due to no acct info..blah! I was thinking that next XMAS I'll buy ya lotions,hair produts,books to read and a nice pair of shoes as you have so little of these items already..... OMG !! Getting all the new electronic items could come in handy ...like a cool racing game to help you with your current driving skill (lousy) and keep ya from being pulled over so often...as Kyle tells me...and they do have other games that don't require you to pick up hookers like that one I got your hubby....cartoon hookers R so HOT !
Did I mention I could'nt have picked a nicer person for my son to spend his life with?? I miss ya both and give those two kids of yours a hug from me... :} Nate