Monday, October 27, 2008

Phenomenon

So I watched the movie "Phenomenon" the other day for the first time. It was a fabulous movie and toward the end there was a quote that was perfect that I had to write it down and now I want to share it! This is John Travolta's response to the little boy when he says "you came here to die, didn't you?"
"If we were to put this apple down and leave it it would be spoiled and gone in a few days. But if we were to take a bite of it like this, it would become part of us and we can take it with us, forever."
So the little boy and his sister take the apple and take as big of bites out of the apple as they could to show that they want him to be part of them forever. I was balling (you never would have guessed, I know) but that is the perfect way to explain death and taking a piece of those we love with us for the rest of our lives. I've always believed that when someone dies they live on through those left here in the memories and the impact that they had or what they taught us. I can never explain it the way it makes sense in my mind. Anyway.

No comments: