Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kimmel happenings

As I'm sitting here listening to our stupid neighbors and their stupid "boy-friends" talk out on their patio I figured why not sit down and share what's been going on with us lately. Did I mention that our neighbors are stupid? Or that their hookers? Or that one of them works at Hooters? Ok they're probably not really hookers but they are not nice and they make me incredibly angry every weekend. Also, I've decided that they must be on drugs too. The last few weekends they have managed to stay up all night and drink/talk/shout -- and by all night I literally mean all night. This morning they woke us up about 9:00 because they were still outside talking/yelling.
Anyway. Thankfully we are moving next month to a new apartment complex in Fishers. It's only 5 miles from where we are now but it's in Fishers and a super nice area. Or so it appears. It's not anything super spectacular but it will all be on one floor and they have a doggie park so we can play frisbee with the dogs again! Yay! They also have a huge fitness center and tanning beds! Although when we were looking at various apartment complexes it seemed that the one we currently live in is the only place that doesn't have either of those. Anyway. I'm excited, and so is my family. When I asked my mom what she thought about us just staying where we are for one more year she was pretty much frantic to make sure we moved. So we are. Yay! Especially since they told us that if were to stay in the apartment that we're in they were going to start charging us more. They have tried desperately to get us to move to a townhouse at the front of the complex and keep saying that things will be so much better and blah blah blah. They seem to think that the only reason we want to move is because of our loud neighbors. Apparently the leaking ceiling, mold, flooding and what not shouldn't be a reason for moving. If you're free the weekend of November 15th, feel free to come and help us move!!
This upcoming week is my first pre-surgical appt. with Dr. Buttram for my jaw surgery, which is rapidly approaching (Dec. 3rd). My mom is coming down Wednesday night and staying the night so we can go together Thursday morning. I'm so thankful that she is coming with me so someone else will be involved in knowing what is going on. I love my husband to death, but he doesn't seem to get the idea when I ask him to get involved and come with me. Every time that something big like this has come up and I've asked him to come to an appt with me he is all about it and all supportive but then when we get there he refuses to actually see the doctor with me. What really is the point of that? I want him there to talk to the doctor and understand what is going on and what I'll be going through. Sitting in the waiting room does not help me!! I'm hoping this is a husband/men thing and not just my husband. Oh-well. My mom will be there and is pushing hard for me to come home with her after the surgery so the dogs cannot do any harm the first couple of days with their constant jumping and attention seeking ways. We'll see.
Speaking of my mom... I got to go out with her last night and my good friend Gessica and her dad. My mom and her dad went out last weekend as well. Gess has been telling him to ask her out for quite some time now and when some of my mom's hair ladies (who are also clients of his - he does insurance) told him to ask her out - he did. Gessica just had a baby (Elena) 11 weeks ago and so he thought it would be fun for all of us to go out for dinner this weekend. So we did and it was so much fun! He is so nice and just a great guy. It is a little weird that his name is Greg and for that name to be used again in an everyday conversation is just, I don't know. It's just weird to hear her say "Greg called or Greg said this". But it's ok because she is happy and I like him a lot so I'll get used to it! In the mean time I'm enjoying watching/hearing her be excited about getting to see him or talk to him and all the fun things that come with starting to see someone.
Anyway, I think that's about enough for now. OH wait! I lost 5 lbs last week! I can't wait to see the nutritionist this week, she will be so proud! Ok I'm done :)
Take care!

2 comments:

sunflowerb said...

That's so cute about your mom and Greg! Do you have a date scheduled for your surgery? You've been waiting for a long time for that, haven't you? I hope things go well!
*Heather*

Betsy Huffman said...

Sorry we missed you while in Indy this week. I actually have been dealing with baby vomit for 7 days.

Congrats on the weight loss! That is great! Also, congrats on the new apartment. I am sure you guys will be much better at the new place.

I can't wait to see you on November 2nd and be able to catch up!