Sunday, August 3, 2008

King Kong


You might be wondering what on earth happened to this car and why I would have a picture of it; let me just tell you that this is a good one....

So Friday afternoon I'm on the phone with Melissa who is sitting in her car outside my apartment waiting for me to get there to let her in. It was to be a most joyous afternoon because I was finally getting to meet Maddison (see pictures below). She had called when I was on my way there to tell me that I needed to come in the back way because the police had blocked off the road that goes directly to the 20 or so apartments that are on our "court". Weird but whatever. So we're on the phone chatting about stupid stuff with our jobs when she says well that's a big black man without his shirt on coming out of that apartment. Also nothing new around here. But then she starts flipping out but quietly and just keeps repeating that he jumped and is going crazy and how she's going to get shot. WHAT?? So this guy (we have affectionately named him, King Kong) barrels out of this apartment and comes straight to this car and jumps on but on his back and butt. Basically he just plants his ass on the windshield and then attemps to rip the doors off of the car, mind you Melissa is sitting in the car NEXT to this one just watching. I'm freaking out, she's freaking out and the police had left but apparently one was driving back by which sent King Kong running off. Which then caused a swarm of police to park and take off running with their GUNS after him... Melissa had to give a mini statement to the police officer and he so kindly informed us that he has already arrested this guy 4 or 5 times for cocaine, battery, possession of illegal firearms... Then let us know that if we see him around at all to call the police immediately........ You do not have to tell me that twice... By the way this is the girlfriend's/possible baby momma's car that the kersmashed. The police had been out here FOUR times already that Friday to deal with disturbances from their apartment. Let me, also, tell you that she is one of the scariest people I have ever seen and when she came and looked at her car just shrugged and turned around and walked off. She has two toddler boys that are adorable and it just makes me want to scream that they have to be a part of this shit. Anyway there is so much more to the drama here but I am exhausted and still quite irritable with the apartment staff. More to come..


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok... so I always thought you were exaggerating about living in a rough apartment complex. Now I believe you.

Betsy Huffman said...

HOLY MOLY! That is scary! I hope your weekend got better though and you and Melissa had a good time!