Friday, August 22, 2008

House Hunting

Well we started out house hunt today, it did not go so well... Well that's not fair to say it's just soo tiring and takes a lot more work than I was anticipating. We basically spent the entire day being taken through houses and just driving through neighborhoods. The ones we went into are both foreclosed homes, which is fine because we've decided that we can get a much better deal, so we are focusing on these type of homes... I, however, was not expecting the mess that comes with those homes. The first one the house is absolutely lovely and the master suite was phenomenol but the stains on the carpet were unreal as was the dirt and disgust everywhere. Rather easy fixes but still not quite what I had in mind, haha. Anyway. Both of the ones we got to see today weren't bad at all just different. We are going to see a few tomorrow morning too. We basically have 15 days to find one and make an offer if we want to be able to close by October 1st and move out of the hood that we live in.
To prove it is the hood we saw a Carmel school bus parked in the neighborhood today and decided that either 1) they bring their kids to show them what can happen if they drop out of school or 2)were giving them survival lessons.
Speaking of our lovely apartment complex I called them yesterday to remind them that we STILL have a giant hole in our ceiling that was still leaking (given the bucket under the hole was filling up). So they came yesterday (amazing how fast they come when you call and complain) and we were assured that they were not leaving until the leak was fixed.... So I was expecting to come home to no more holes and no more leak... Instead a get a call as I was about to leave the office from one of the maintence workers to let me know that she accidentally dropped the bottle of "cleaner" that she was using on the pipes up in the hole and it got all over our couch........ But not to worry because she was doing an incident report and a professional cleaner would be here the next day to clean it... The "cleaner" which is not solely a cleaner we were told today definitely did not come of out the couch - did I mention that it's purple? So once again I got to call the office to let them know that the purple spots are now a permanent part of our couch. I'm not sure how this gets fixed but she said they submitted a claim to their insurance company and will get back with us. Oh and they did not fix the hole in the ceiling, I can see into the bathroom from our living room...
Have I mentioned that I want to move???
Anyway. Wish us luck with our house hunt!

2 comments:

Betsy Huffman said...

Oh my GOODNESS...your poor couch! They better get that fixed or I know a GREAT lawyer! ;) Good luck with the house hunting process!

Michael said...

Good Luck with the hunt!