Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Firetrucks and friends

So I'm not going to lie I stole this idea from Betsy. Her page is so darn cute that I just had to make my own! So much has been going on lately and normally when I think of something to write on my blog page on myspace I get distracted looking at everyone else's pages that I forget to write anything. So now that I have explained myself on to what is going on in this head of mine...
When I was on my way home from work today as I was getting close to my road a firetruck came zooming out of nowhere so I had to pull over. I was quite surprised to see them turn down the road into our apartments but I figured what are the odds that it's going to go close to my apartment? Right? I was trying to keep the truck in my view so I could be nosey later but was even more surprised when I turned down our road to find the firetruck and fire rescue were already pulled up in front of my very apartment. I had to park out where Kyle always does (he says the hoodlums won't touch his car there - riiiight) and so I just sat there watching to see where they were going. Several of the firemen were in full turn-out gear and some were volunteers that just came in their street clothes. I know this sounds stupid but I just sat there in my car mesmerized - it has been a very very long time since I have been around firemen in their full gear. It brings back so many memories and sometimes they just come so fast and so many different times in my younger years come flying back and always to when Greg died. Either way it all leads to Greg since he was the fireman. It's hard to explain too because it's not just one particular memory or any particular set of memories more the feeling that these memories invoke. I miss the RFD family - I miss being part of that and it breaks my heart to not be around them anymore. Anyway as I was walking in to the apartment I was on the verge of all out losing it to the tears that were building and just stood there watching and shaking. Not even a minute later my phone started ringing and it was my lovely Betsy calling to rescue me. Just talking to her made me feel so much better and when I told her what I was watching I knew she understood me. It's amazing what friends can do for us. So thank you Betsy for calling when you did and giving me the boost I needed to smile and not give in to the tears.
It also didn't hurt that one of the firemen that came out was rather good looking... :)

So anyway. Here's to the best of friends and firemen!

No comments: