Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sick Day - not for the weak stomachs!

I woke up today thinking it was going to be a fabulous day and why wouldn't it? Yesterday was horrid, I could have killed a good 50% of the people that I work with and not had any remorse, at least for awhile anyway. :) So today I got up and got ready in my usual slow fashion, had to take the dogs for a nice long walk and figure out what to wear to look nice since I had 2 important meetings today. Not to mention figure out what eye shadow to wear since I got 9 new colors at sephora yesterday. That is important stuff, ya know. So I'm at work and my stomach is feeling kinda funny (I feel I should mention at this point that if you have a weak stomach do not continue reading) but I think nothing of it because I started back on a med that I had been off of during the surgery process. I just figured it was adding that one back into the mix that caused me to feel a little funny in the tummy. However, within 20 minutes I sure was in the bathroom emptying my stomach, at work even. I have never ever in my 26 years (so close to 27) gotten sick at work, it was horrifying. So I went to tell my boss that I had just tossed my cookies because I had been talking to her when I had to dart to the little girls room. I really thought I was better though but in short order knew that I was going to do it again and it was time to go home... So off I go driving as fast as barbie would drive me (it's a malibu - malibu barbie, get it) and about the time I get on 69 I knew that I was going to be cutting it really really close... As I'm pulling off on the 116th Street exit I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to make it home. But what do you do? I've never been much of a puker - this it's coming right now stuff is new to me, and I gotta tell ya, I'm not a fan. I didn't know what to do. I kept looking at the side of the road and wondering if I could just pull over on the ramp and get out to get sick right there for God and all of Fishers to see? I apparently thought too much about it because next thing I know I'm getting sick IN MY CAR on the floor of the passenger side... Not only am I getting sick but the next thing I know there was a very sudden JOLT and sure enough I had forgot to brake while I was vomitting and ran into the car in front of me. Go figure that puking while driving doesn't work out very well. Thank heavens that there was no damage to either car - or so the guy said - I didn't get out to look. I wasn't really sure what to do at that point, the thought crossed my mind to get out and look but I was a little bit mortified that I had just thrown up in my car while driving. I was also pretty sure there was a good chance there were remnants on my chin since I still don't have total feeling back and don't really know when things decide to drip and hang out on my face... When I got home Kyle was ready to take me to the ER but has handled the onslaught of vomit through out the day very well. He even called in sick to stay home and make sure that I was going to be ok. Such a sweet hubby I have. I called the doctors office to ask if I should be concerned, and the nurse, Melissa, let me know that Dr. Albright had the same symptoms the day before (Wed) and since I had been there on Tuesday I might have picked up the little bug there. What a scary thought it is that when you go to the doctor just for a routine check up and aren't even sick you come out sick! Another scary thought, while I was laying in bed all day I looked up some info on the internet about dehydration to help make sure I didn't get that way. When I went to Ask.com and asked Jeeves about it one of the first topics that came up on the side menu that says "related search topics" was "HOW TO BE BULIMIC" and the next was "HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF VOMIT". My question about throwing up and dehydration led to how to become bulimic? Seriously.... I was disgusted.
Actually this whole day has been disgusting and I hope that you are now just as disgusted as I have been after reading about my day! :)

1 comment:

sunflowerb said...

Kira, this story reminds me of when I was dating Kyle Hoover. One day he was driving from Rochester to Plymouth to see his dad and all the sudden he started feeling really sick, so he actually did pull over on the side of the road and threw-up in the median on 31!
I hope you are feeling better!