Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is it summer yet?

So I took the dogs out for a walk a few days ago and we decided to go a different way so I wasn't walking into the coldest wind ever the entire time. For whatever reason Winston was all about peeing on every light-pole that we passed which I found comical... On about the 5th pole he lifted his leg to pee and started pooping instead, much to both his and my surprise... It was all I could do to pull him away so he didn't actually poop on the pole, talk about nuts. Winston and Nallah are obsessed with the snow so we've been having quite a bit of fun at the park. They used to go nuts like this when we had our own house and backyard (sigh) and it's fun to watch them play in it again!
Let's see what else can I share. I start physical therapy on Wednesday, I 'm still pretty nervous about this and unsure of how our insurance is going to handle it, but we'll manage! I worked out for the first time yesterday since the surgery. I was feeling awesome until I was done... I opted for one of my biggest loser dvds rather than the exercise bike thinking I was ready for it, not so much. Within twenty minutes my whole head was throbbing and I was pretty sure that my jaw was coming unhinged. Yipes. I didn't give up on it altogether though, and rode the stationary bike this morning, which felt really good too! It has been really hard getting back into the swing of eating right and exercising since the surgery. I see my nutritionist tomorrow and I know she's not going to be very happy with me, hopefully she can help me find my motivation again. I lost 60 lbs in 2008 and would really like to lose the last 47 lbs by the end of September - that's 5 lbs a month, which is definitely attainable!! That will be about the time I get my braces off and I know I can do it!
Had dinner last night with Gess and Rick as well as my mom and Greg. They announced that they are getting married in a month!! Less than a month now, February 16th in Hawaii!! They are so excited and I am so happy for them both - still a big change and it's a lot to deal with - but as long as my mom is happy then I can't really ask for more. Speaking of a lot to deal with - I have a HUGE secret that I'm not allowed to share yet... I'm dying to be able to tell, but can't until I get the ok from the secret-holders... :) On that note I'm going to go find something productive to do so Winston stops gator-chomping me!
Sweet Dreams

No comments: